MacDonald Barnett Partners was founded in 1956 by A J (Joe) MacDonald. Initially the practice focussed on the design and project management of a wide range of commercial and residential buildings including hospitals, wineries, manufacturing and storage buildings, and associated civil works.
The practice provides professional design and project management services in fire safety and structural engineering for multi-storey, institutional, commercial, residential and industrial buildings.
The practice offers a comprehensive consulting service which includes the structural and fire engineering aspects of multi-storey and large single story buildings, tanks and other special structures. The practice has successfully completed over 10,000 engagements with the private sector, Government and other institutional bodies.